The first night on the Dole trip, there was a really nice cocktail party for all of us to get to know each other. These pineapple arugula mojitos blew us all away. So fresh and light, they could very easily get you in trouble.
I discovered these pineapple arugula mojitos at a really nice cocktail party and they blew us all away. So fresh and light, they could very easily get you in trouble. I never would have thought to put arugula in a cocktail, but it completely works.
Comparing these to the original Classic Mojito brings out their unique qualities. While a classic mojito consists of white rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water, and mint for the trademark refreshing taste, this new take on the mojito replaced the mint with rich, slightly bitter arugula and introduced the vibrant sweetness of pineapple. Lime and sugar are still present, but the addition of arugula gives it an unexpected kick and hinted at earthiness that sets it apart.
I was a bit surprsied by the pineapple but it provides a tropical twist and some mroe acidity. This makes the cocktail taste less traditional but definitely more exotic. It’s a divine fusion of sweet, bitter and sour!
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Dole Arugula
- 2 limes cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 6-ounce cans Dole pineapple juice
- 2 cups light rum
- club soda
- Peel and core pineapple. Cut into chunks, and reserve 8 pieces. Puree the rest of the pineapple in a food processor or blender. In a large pitcher, add mint, arugula, limes, and brown sugar.
- Crush the leaves with a spoon, muddle it really well.
- Add pureed pineapple, pineapple juice, and rum. Add a good splash of club soda.
- Pour over ice, and garnish with pineapple chunk, mint, and more limes.